Identity Theft Alerts for Medical Professionals

Some examples of identity theft (falsified tax filings) aimed at physicians and dentists:

If you’ve been targeted this tax season, contact the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit at 800-908-4490, extension 245.

More information is available at



    Thanks for providing these links. Hope I never need to use ’em, but good to know what they are.

    Yuval Bar-Or

    Some resources you can consider using if you ever find yourself a victim of tax fraud or any other form of identity theft. Your options include:

    –Placing a fraud alert on your name and credit report by contacting any one of these three credit bureaus:

    o Equifax

    o Experian

    o Transunion

    –Making an identity theft report to the Federal Trade Commission:


    –Monitoring your credit report at least annually (even more frequently if you become a victim of identity theft). You can request a free credit report from any one of the bureaus listed above or from the following authorized site:


    –Obtaining a copy of your federal tax return by filing form 4506, found here:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On LinkedinVisit Us On Youtube