For many of us, investing means purchasing stock and bond funds. But there are many other potential destinations for our investment dollars. This session demystifies glamorous (yet potentially dangerous) asset classes including hedge funds, venture capital, private equity, angel investing, commodities, crypto-currencies, gold, real estate, etc. We answer the questions: Do you really need these in your portfolio? Will they add diversification and lower volatility? Will they lead to financial success, lower stress and improved wellness?
1. Recognize alternative investment choices (hedge funds, venture capital, commodities, etc.)
2. Understand the risk and return characteristics of different investment choices
3. Determine whether you fully understand what moves an investment’s value
4. Decide whether to invest in alternative assets
5. Know how to qualify as an Accredited Investor